Friday, March 13, 2015

Project 7- Alternative Processes Through Digital Means


 In the past, photographers took photos and engaged in a specific photographic process that gave their photos a particular look, creating a daguerreotype.  Through digital editing on Photoshop, I was able to take an original photo and give it the properties of an aged, framed, black and white photograph.




Cyanotypes are photographic blueprints.  Again, I used photoshop to imitate the look that cyanotypes have.  I really like how nature is used as subjects for this photographic style so I choose to use flowers as my subjects.



Gum Bichromate is also a photo printing process that uses light sensitivity (very similar to cyanotypes).  I chose a dandelion and an African mask I have in my house to use as subjects.  






No comments:

Post a Comment